Walk of Life Consulting helps university faculty and career centres equip students with the knowledge and tools they need to find employment in the green economy.
We work with colleges and universities around the world to provide workshops, live webinars, and a variety of CV tools and critiques to meet the needs of students and alumni.
An MBA graduate herself, Shannon has led Net Impact chapters and delivered workshops, panels and coaching for London Business School, HEC Business School, Norwich Business School, George Washington University and Cranfield University’s Doughty Centre for Corporate Responsibility.
Walk of LIfe offer a range of virtual and face-to-face coaching services which can be tailored to fit the needs of your institution. Click on the headings below to see more information on each of the types of career services we offer or alternatively you can contact us and we’ll be happy to discuss your specific requirements.
Online, low cost and interactive workshops offered virtually to your students anywhere in the world from the comfort of their laptops.
Some topics include:
- Understanding the changing sustainability jobs market
- Translating skills for sustainability 2.0
- The emergence of the Chief Sustainability Officer
- Keys to writing a killer CV for a values driven field
- Why LinkedIn matters more than cover letters
- Three ways to ‘break-in’ to a green career
- In-person engaging workshops for student groups wishing to work in the sustainability field or seeking to improve their marketability. We help them:
- Hone their understanding of the Sustainability market
- Use relevant language for all marketing mediums (CV, LinkedIn)
- Target and develop critical networks to open doors
- Translate past accomplishments onto CVs to build competitive “stories”
- Actively prepare in order to land their dream job interview
- Panel sessions with leaders in the Sustainability field to offer real-word perspectives on what recruiters and hiring managers are looking for in this competitive market. Leveraging more than 10 years’ working closely with the market’s best sustainability practioners and consultants, we will invite thought leaders from known brands to expand your students’ understanding of reality.
Discounts for one-on-one student coaching can be offered as an add-on to group workshops.
How We Deliver Our Services
Interactive group workshops & training
Group facilitation offers career centres a more cost-effective way to build capacity while still gaining access to tangible career tools and sustainability market insight.
Personal one-on-one coaching sessions
Bespoke one-on-one coaching offers your students the opportunity to really get to know themselves in depth and address key challenges in their career development.