Walk of Life Consulting helps students and alumni with innovative and sustainability driven tools to create competitive advantage for this unique impact jobs market.
An MBA in CSR graduate herself, Shannon has coached more than 350 Masters graduates to achieve their dream career transitions, helping them to define search strategies, map new skills to the market, and build personal stories in resumes/CVs. For more than 15 years she has been a speaker at leading universities around the world delivering webinars, workshops and coaching.
She has real-time market insights through Walk of Life’s partnerships with leading US and UK recruitment agencies, Acre Resources and Weinreb Group, and 15 years working in CSR within diverse organisations such as Deloitte, Barclays and WWF.
Click on the links below to jump straight to:
Interactive Group Workshops & Training
Group facilitation offers career centres a more cost-effective way to build capacity while still gaining access to tangible career tools and sustainability market insight.
Personal One2One Coaching Sessions
Bespoke One2One coaching offers your students the opportunity to really get to know themselves in depth and address key challenges in their career development.
Walk of Life offer a range of virtual and face-to-face coaching services which can be tailored to fit the needs of your institution. Click on the headings below to see more information on each of the types of career services we offer or alternatively you can contact us and we’ll be happy to discuss your specific requirements.
Online, low cost and interactive workshops offered virtually to your students anywhere in the world from the comfort of their laptops. Some topics include:
- Understanding the changing sustainability jobs market
- Translating skills for sustainability 2.0
- Make ready your career transition before you finish your Masters
- The emergence of the Chief Sustainability Officer
- Network with impact through an elevator pitch for success
- Keys to writing a killer CV for a values driven field
- Why LinkedIn matters more than cover letters
- Three ways to ‘break-in’ to a green career
- In-person engaging workshops for student groups wishing to work in the sustainability field or seeking to improve their marketability. We help them:
- Hone their understanding of the Sustainability market
- Use relevant language for all marketing mediums (CV, LinkedIn)
- Target and develop critical networks to open doors
- Translate past accomplishments onto CVs to build competitive “stories”
- Actively prepare in order to land their dream job interview
- Panel sessions with leaders in the Sustainability field to offer real-word perspectives on what recruiters and hiring managers are looking for in this competitive market. Leveraging more than 10 years’ working closely with the market’s best sustainability practitioners and consultants, we will invite thought leaders from known brands to expand your students’ understanding of reality.
One2One Student Coaching
Discounts for One2One student coaching can be offered as an add-on to group workshops.
How can we give our students a better understanding of the jobs market and how to break in?
Shannon conducted a live 2-hour workshop for MBAs in Social Enterprise that enabled students to Get Focused to Get Results through targeting the criteria of their dream job. She provided real-time understanding of the sustainability jobs market, the skills required to break into it, and where to target a search.
How can we give our students competitive advantage in the jobs market?
At this leading business school, Shannon delivered a 3 hour workshop addressing the structure of the sustainability jobs market including titles and roles, she explored the expanding and complex terminology in the sector, and explained what recruiters want to hear from candidates.
How can we give our students a tailored career services course for the sustainability, impact and social enterprise sectors?
Shannon has been selected for a third year running as Bard MBA’s career services faculty member. Each year she conducts a series of 1-hour webinars and live workshops over 6 months plus 30+ hours of one-on-one coaching for students. She shares her secrets from over 15 years in sustainable business and the impact sector to help MBAs target their dream roles and then land them by unpacking their skills, designing compelling personal marketing statements and building strong networks.
Ready to get started?
Contact us for a free consultation to identify which services are right for you.Contact Us >