Walk of Life Consulting is the leading sustainability talent and career advisory service, guiding clients across private, non-profit, and public sectors to achieve their goals through improved strategies, assessments and market insight.
Shannon Houde, MBA, is founder of Walk of Life Consulting, the first international career coaching business focused solely on the environmental, sustainability and Corporate Responsibility (CR) fields. She also launched and currently runs the Acre Career Coaching service for leading sustainability recruitment company, Acre Resources.
Shannon specializes in helping a diverse group of sustainability professionals including career changers, job seekers, university career centres, masters graduates, outplacement teams, and practioners to match their values and skills to viable career options in this ever-growing industry. She has chosen sustainability career coaching to combine her experience as a hiring manager, a life coach and a CR consultant, after having started her career 20 years ago in corporate recruiting.
Shannon has mentored and trained professionals in the field of CR for more than 10 years with a focus on matching personal values to career paths, writing CVs as marketing tools, and interviewing with impact. She combines a wealth of knowledge from 15 years’ managing cross-cultural teams and CR projects in Asia, Europe, North and South America, in non-profit, corporate and entrepreneurial environments across diverse industries.
More than 10 years in the sustainability field, combined with 20 years in recruitment and career consulting, gives me a great deal of insight into the sustainability job market. I am committed, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, not only about sustainability, but also about helping others realise their personal career dreams in this exciting field. It is a privilege to be able to make a difference person by person in an ever-changing sector I know inside and out. I will share my tangible and innovative tools with you to bring practical results to your career journey.
How am I different from other career coaches?
- Energetic and fast-paced
- Tangible outputs, practical tools
- Market insight and up-to-date access to job trends
- No psychometric testing, just the insight about you
- Grow with you on your career journey
- Practical and global experience in the field
Founder of career coaching service for market leader in Sustainability and CR recruitment, Acre, with access to sustainability job market trends data and acclaimed research. Experienced presenter of more than 50 panels, workshops, seminars, events in recruiting, coaching, CR and sustainability.
Shannon holds an MBA in International Management, with a focus on CR, from Thunderbird in Arizona, where she was President of the Net Impact chapter. She has served on the leadership committee of the Net Impact London Professional chapter since 2008 and is currently an Advisor.
- Strategic sustainability consulting to FTSE 250 companies
- Manager at leading global environmental NGO, WWF International
- Spearheaded employee engagement programme for Barclays Global Investors
- Founded and ran eco-tourism company in Patagonia, Chile
- Led community project network for busy professionals at San Francisco Street Project
- ‘Sustainability Careers’ two-day series for MBAs at Cranfield University’s Doughty Centre of Corporate Responsibility, 2011
- ‘Skills for Sustainability 2.0’ at Hub Kings Cross, Acre Resources, and London Business School’s Net Impact, 2011
- 20+ workshops for FTSE 250 companies on community investment at London Benchmarking Group, 2006-2007
- Certified in dynamic facilitation through Train the Trainer 5-day course at the Master Trainer Institute, 2006
In this video we hear from a range of clients, who come a broad spectrum of job roles and sectors on their experiences of working with Shannon and Walk of Life Consulting.